My "new" Tuscan kitchen.

I moved into a vintage mobile home last year which needed some updating. Paint is one of the most economical ways I know to update. The archway between the kitchen and the dining area seemed to cry out for a Tuscan theme. After texturing the wall to look like plaster, I free handed field stones around the edge. Sensing it need a little more, I added faux hanging herbs and a bottle of vino to the wall.
I want to paint the kitchen cabinets, but am having a hard time coming up with a color or application that will look good and lighten up the kitchen. Anyone have any ideas?
Before
After
Wall detail
10/18/14 --- I finally decided to go with a light color for the cabinets. I picked out the lightest color in the wall base coat on the "stucco" wall.
To keep with the tuscan theme, this weekend I started a grape vine on the kitchen wall. This is only the first layer, I still have lots of stems, grapes and leaves to go.

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Memorial Day Crafts

• Esther

One thing for sure you are very talented, love those vine bottles, beatiful. What paint and primer did you use to paint the kitchen doors ? .

• Milda H

@Esther I bought a primer/paint interior paint at True value hardware. I no longer have the can, so I can't tell you the brand name. sand the cabinets good before you paint. Using the primer/paint combo you should be ok.

• Tracy Hudson

Wow! What a transformation.