Milda H
Milda H
  • Enumclaw, WA

My "new" Tuscan kitchen.

I moved into a vintage mobile home last year which needed some updating. Paint is one of the most economical ways I know to update. The archway between the kitchen and the dining area seemed to cry out for a Tuscan theme. After texturing the wall to look like plaster, I free handed field stones around the edge. Sensing it need a little more, I added faux hanging herbs and a bottle of vino to the wall.
I
Before
Before
After
After
Wall detail
Wall detail
my new tuscan kitchen, home decor, paint colors, painting, wall decor
10/18/14 --- I finally decided to go with a light color for the cabinets. I picked out the lightest color in the wall base coat on the "stucco" wall.
To keep with the tuscan theme, this weekend I started a grape vine on the kitchen wall. This is only the first layer, I still have lots of stems, grapes and leaves to go.

• Esther

One thing for sure you are very talented, love those vine bottles, beatiful. What paint and primer did you use to paint the kitchen doors ? .

• Milda H

@Esther I bought a primer/paint interior paint at True value hardware. I no longer have the can, so I can't tell you the brand name. sand the cabinets good before you paint. Using the primer/paint combo you should be ok.

• Tracy Hudson

Wow! What a transformation.