Recycle 1 Old Chandelier & 1 Old Door to This!

1 Material
$27

Had this old chandelier for years hoping someday I would do something with it...
So I disassembled it savings all the pieces...
Then my neighbor calls and ask if I could use an old door and of course I said yes! ( solid wood) and I might add some old wood flooring left over from their new family room...
So I took the door sanded it leaving the original color and adding a little stain too distressed...
And then matching the color of the door and painting the leftover wood floor...
And then turning the door over on the back and taking a little tape I'm cutting out a tree design and then spraying frost on the back...
After three coats of Frost carefully pulled off the tape....
And then turning the door back over and attaching brackets to make shelves out of the wood flooring...
Now to the old chandelier pieces I carefully placed them at the top of the door using them as hooks...
So this is how TRASH becomes Treasure!
Having fun with Eve's Saturday Projects!

• 1 old Chandelier,1 old door, leftover wood flooring, leftover paint & Stain, 4 shelf brackets . Tape  (Shelf brackets and spray Frost from Hobby Lobby)

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See

• Karil G.
    Karil G.

In the second picture, with the sander and drill, what are those wood pieces? Where are they from? Did you use those in the final piece?

• Eve Moore Kiser
      Eve Moore Kiser

That was wood from a pallet,I didn't use them on the door. I used leftover wood flooring for the shelves...hope this helps!

• Regina Grohe
    Regina Grohe

Where did you end up featuring this, inside or outside?

• Margie Hood
      Margie Hood

that was very thoughtful of you to do that for her....lovely piece

• Son10854373
    Son10854373

I see a front bottom shelf but no back view to see what holds the door vertical and from tipping backwards.

• Eve Moore Kiser
      Eve Moore Kiser

The back of the door is the same with 2 D hooks hanging from Top that secured it to the wall....hope this helps.

• Penny
    Penny

This so wonderful, I noticed you first posted this in 2016, and now it is 2018. It is so beautiful, I have most of things to do this, so I am going to do this. Thankyou, truely beautiful 😊😊😊

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

I love it !!! I can't wait to find an old door. Thank you for sharing