Pram From Years Ago

This tiny little dolls pram was my daughters first birthday present. She is now 26 years old.
Teeny tiny.
Teeny tiny.
I had to take it apart and scrub years of sitting in the attic of all of the houses we lived in since she was one year old.
Yuk!!
Yuk!!
I used my favourite cleaning product. Cif. I use it to clean so many grimy things.
See the yuckyness??
See the yuckyness??
I began by taking it all back to the frame.
Hood off.
Hood off.
I used really strong heavy card to add strength to the bottom, which was bending over like an arch. I used spray adhesive to adhere it to the fabric.
Strong card.
Strong card.
The original covering on the pram was an easy to clean plastic. Which was perfect when she was small. Sticky fingers ect.
So I bought oil cloth fabric to recover the pram.
pram from years ago, crafts, how to, reupholster
I lay the pram onto the oil cloth fabric to use the original pram as a template. It was so easy to cut around. I just wrapped the new fabric around it and spray glued it to the pram.
I ended up stuck to it at one stage.
Snoopy begging for a belly rub. I was giving
The hood was a difficult to get the joining looking good. So I added chunky wool to hide the joined pieces. I'm happy enough with the look.
I then reassembled the whole thing.
This is the finished pram being road tested by Pip. He is the youngest son of the original owner. Pip and Kaiden have great fun playing with this one and another taller pushchair which belonged to their Mum.
Now I just need to clean the mess.

• Kate

It's lovely!

• Kathrine Connery

I love what you did with this pram. It'seems great that you can pass on to another general something that was special. So much is just thrown away these days. I love the pic of Snoopy too. Someone has you well worked out.

• Sandra Crosbie

Thanks Katherine. I looked after most of my children's toys, I love bringing the little ones up to the attic for a rumage. They always find something which belonged to their Mam. Snoopy is a chilled out hound. He loves any kind of rub.