How to Repurpose a Glass Door Into a Colorful Table

$75

I'm in the process of creating a Mad Hatter inspired area in my back yard so my kids and I can hang outside and have tea parties and tell stories. We need a table, so I set out to make one. I had planned to use a solid wood door, but when I found this gorgeous framed glass door at my local Habitat for Humanity store, my plan changed. I used DecoArt glass stain to paint the glass. Legs from a roadside rescue table were added. Finally, spray paint to finish the project. Step by step instructions are on my blog. The table is even more whimsical than I had imagined it would be! Next step: benches and chairs!
I used DecoArt Glass Stain in multiple colors. My kids actually painted all the glass! http://www.morenascorner.com/2013/08/dont-trash-it-how-to-repurpose-table.html
I love the way the light reflects the colors on the ground! My kids are enchanted by it, as well, and it adds to the whimsy of our little garden spot. http://www.morenascorner.com/2013/08/dont-trash-it-how-to-repurpose-table.html
All the materials were repurposed. The door came from Habitat Home Store and the legs were salvaged from a damaged table that was on the curb for trash pick up.

• Table
  • Deco Art glass paint

Morena Hockley

• Elizabeth

nice!!! but a sheet of glass probably needs to cover it so it doesn't get broken and yes i think it's worth the cost - love that table
  • Denise Griffin

I have a door like this one. It was the door to my Dad's office. He walked thru that door for 45 years. Very sentimental to me. Getting ideas on what to do with it. Love Hometalk and all of the very talented people who share their projects. Thanks everyone !!!