Re-purposed Shutter: Mug Rack

23K Views
There is something about mugs that just makes me excited! After taking a brief look through my kitchen cupboards it would not take long to realize that I have a minor mug collecting obsession… seeing that I have more cupboard space devoted to storing my mugs than pots and pans. Perhaps the fact that each mug is so unique and different is what I find most exciting about them.In order to find space for all of our mugs, I came up with the idea to make a wall size mug rack out of this old shutter. I thought that would be really fun in our kitchen! =) This is a really easy project and I think such a unique way to display many mugs and have fun switching different mugs.
I hope you enjoy the tutorial and have fun trying this yourself! =) You could use any size shutter that you desire.
  • re purposed shutter mug rack, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas

Suggested materials for this project:

Melissa Ellen's Loft

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question