Re-purposed Shutter: Mug Rack

There is something about mugs that just makes me excited! After taking a brief look through my kitchen cupboards it would not take long to realize that I have a minor mug collecting obsession… seeing that I have more cupboard space devoted to storing my mugs than pots and pans. Perhaps the fact that each mug is so unique and different is what I find most exciting about them.In order to find space for all of our mugs, I came up with the idea to make a wall size mug rack out of this old shutter. I thought that would be really fun in our kitchen! =) This is a really easy project and I think such a unique way to display many mugs and have fun switching different mugs.
I hope you enjoy the tutorial and have fun trying this yourself! =) You could use any size shutter that you desire.
Make your own Mug Rack!
first decide where to place your mug hooks. I wanted my mugs to hang staggered along the side edges of the shutter. I just eyed where I would want my hooks to be placed, but you could also measure if you find that easier
step 2. Adding the hooks
The fun part!:)

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Melissa Ellen's Loft

• Kyn
    Kyn

Good idea. I still don't like the rough looks of the shutter. I would like to have my mugs provide the colors but I'd paint the shutter.

• Mary Hill
    Mary Hill

Love your ideal!