Re-purposed Shutter: Mug Rack

There is something about mugs that just makes me excited! After taking a brief look through my kitchen cupboards it would not take long to realize that I have a minor mug collecting obsession… seeing that I have more cupboard space devoted to storing my mugs than pots and pans. Perhaps the fact that each mug is so unique and different is what I find most exciting about them.In order to find space for all of our mugs, I came up with the idea to make a wall size mug rack out of this old shutter. I thought that would be really fun in our kitchen! =) This is a really easy project and I think such a unique way to display many mugs and have fun switching different mugs.
I hope you enjoy the tutorial and have fun trying this yourself! =) You could use any size shutter that you desire.
Make your own Mug Rack!
first decide where to place your mug hooks. I wanted my mugs to hang staggered along the side edges of the shutter. I just eyed where I would want my hooks to be placed, but you could also measure if you find that easier
step 2. Adding the hooks
The fun part!:)

Melissa Ellen's Loft

• Kyn

Good idea. I still don't like the rough looks of the shutter. I would like to have my mugs provide the colors but I'd paint the shutter.

• Mary Hill

Love your ideal!