Brenda Harrington
Brenda Harrington
  • Summerville, SC
Asked on Aug 6, 2013

Refrigerator with built in Ice and water.

Brenda HarringtonTina PlumsteadKMS Woodworks
+1

Can anyone tell me how to hook up our fridge to the kitchen sink so we can have Ice and water?
  • KMS Woodworks

I would recommend you get a dual outlet valve for your cold water supply line. These are often used on the hot side to hook up dishwashers. DO NOT use a saddle valve, those are a cheap quick way which are way more prone to leaks and failures. Most water hooks ups for a fridge use a 1/4" compression fitting. So you will need to get a combo valve that has a 1/4" port...or pick up a reducer fitting. For the line itself get the better and more robust stainless braided hose. The cheap poly can easily get kinked and leak. I have done many hardwood floor repairs because of cheap poly line and saddle valves.

• Brenda Harrington

Thank You, Living in SC I really would like to have my Ice and my water already cold.

• Tina Plumstead

You'll need to hook up the white hose that usually comes out the back of the fridge to your water supply line. It doesn't necessarily have to be hooked into your sink.

• Brenda Harrington

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.