Heather
Heather
  • Farmington, MI

From Magazine to Amazing

An old tired magazine rack transformed to a bright and colorful garden plantern
from magazine to amazing, container gardening, how to, repurpose household items
My parents found this old and tired Doctors office looking magazine rack from a garage sale for free!
As you can see it has potential but no need for a magazine rack. First thing I needed to do was to remove the bars which was actually just the easy part.
After the bars were gone it was time to make this fabulous! I knew right off the bat I wanted this for the garden. To really add some pop to this I knew I wanted to paint it green.
I feel like this rack was meant to be exactly what I wanted it for. My vision was to have tiny terra cotta pots sit on the ledges but I didn't know if they even made tiny pots like this. Luckily, I actually came across some at a garage sale where they were practically giving them away. As you can see free dirt was included on them so they just needed a washing.
Now for the fun part! I love any time I can add a pop of color to something. In this case its like a rainbow explosion and I love it! I think they look like candy.
Once everything was dry, it was time for the line up. I just used a little glue to hold those baby pots in place.
and for the final result! I put a little dirt in each pot and a variety of seeds. I just love how this turned out! So much color that will compliment the vibrant colors of the colors all around it!

• Old magazine rack  (garage sale)
  • Spray paint  (local craft store)
  • Terra cotta pots  (garage sale)
Heather