My{DIY}Habits_Katie
My{DIY}Habits_Katie
  • Sammamish, WA

{DIY} No Sew Fabric Roller Shade

$40

Take a peak at this easy DIY window decor project....I took a vinyl roller shade from home depot and converted it to a custom roller shade with a unique greek key design. There is no sewing required and the custom shade only cost $40.
$40 worth of materials for a custom roller shade...no sewing required
Shade is the basic and super cheap Vinyl Roller Shade you find at lowes or home depot...they cut to your dimensions.   You are buying for the mechanics not the vinyl shade.
Shade is the basic and super cheap Vinyl Roller Shade you find at lowes or home depot...they cut to your dimensions. You are buying for the mechanics not the vinyl shade.
SHOPPING LIST:
**Vinyl Roller Shade @ Lowe's or Home Depot 
**Fabric Choice in length of window plus minimum 6" 
**Grosgrain Ribbon
**Stitch Witchery
SHOPPING LIST: **Vinyl Roller Shade @ Lowe's or Home Depot **Fabric Choice in length of window plus minimum 6" **Grosgrain Ribbon **Stitch Witchery
Measure and cut fabric to desired length...I used 2 layers of lightweight linen for privacy
diy no sew fabric roller shade, home decor, window treatments, windows
BUILD YOUR DESIGN:  These are 4" boxes, that start 2"s from the vertical lines.  Use stitch witchery to secure the folds (bonded at every 90 degree angle) and then stitch witchery the entire design to your shade.
BUILD YOUR DESIGN: These are 4" boxes, that start 2"s from the vertical lines. Use stitch witchery to secure the folds (bonded at every 90 degree angle) and then stitch witchery the entire design to your shade.
remove your widow's length of vinyl and adhere your new fabric to the remaining vinyl shade (using stitch witchery).  Then roll it up a few inches you will never even see what the original vinyl. Use a dowel to create weight at the end
remove your widow's length of vinyl and adhere your new fabric to the remaining vinyl shade (using stitch witchery). Then roll it up a few inches you will never even see what the original vinyl. Use a dowel to create weight at the end

My{DIY}Habits_Katie

1 comment