Brooke Nichole
Brooke Nichole
  • Waynesboro, VA

Refinishing Particle Board/ Panel Wood

$10

This dresser has been in my bedroom since I was a child (approximately 24 years.) After recently purchasing my first home I wanted to use as many of the items I currently had as possible and stay within a reasonable budget for decorating. I decided to take this piece with me and perform a total make over.
refinishing particle board panel wood, painted furniture, This dresser had seen better days for sure The particle board is flimsy but almost everything sold in stores these days contains it
This dresser had seen better days for sure. The particle board is flimsy but almost everything sold in stores these days contains it.
refinishing particle board panel wood, painted furniture, I started by lightly sanding the top layer of finish off but I don t think it is necessary if your piece is in good condition
I started by lightly sanding the top layer of finish off, but I don't think it is necessary if your piece is in good condition.
refinishing particle board panel wood, painted furniture, There were a few water spots on the top which came out with sanding I then primed with Killz spray primer so easy
There were a few water spots on the top, which came out with sanding. I then primed with Killz spray primer. (so easy!)
refinishing particle board panel wood, painted furniture, Then I added a few coats of latex paint sprayed the hardware with black paint and reassembled
Then I added a few coats of latex paint, sprayed the hardware with black paint and reassembled.
refinishing particle board panel wood, painted furniture, I also used the Minwax water based clear protectant to seal the paint from chipping
I also used the Minwax water based clear protectant to seal the paint from chipping.
Before and after!
Before and after!

• Audrie Sumner

Yes ..have a dresser like that!

• Gin

I have a night stand I truly love. I will definitely try this. Sounds simple enough. Thanks. Really helpful.