DIY Hanging Planter

This super simple project transformed boring, frumpy plastic hanging planters (that I picked up for $3 each at my local hardware store) into hanging planters that are more my style! The whole project only took a couple hours – and I’m in love with how they turned out!
I started with these super basic, not particularly attractive plastic hanging planters.
I removed the plastic hangers (they were just clipped on to the pot), and spray painted the pots white.
Then, I took a piece of twine and cut it to twice the length that I wanted my plant to hang. I folded the piece of twine in half and inserted the two ends upwards into the holes in the pot that were from the plastic hangers (that I removed earlier). I cut three more pieces of twine and did the same thing on the remaining holes.
Once I was done pulling the twine through the holes, I gathered all the ends at the top, and tied them together with an overhand knot.
I put in faux ferns from Afloral. I ended up putting 4 fern bushes in each planter, and it worked out perfectly!
I hung the planters in my screened in porch, and I just love them!
This DIY was the last finishing touch I wanted to put in my screened-in porch to complete my makeover for the room! You can see the whole "Screened Porch Makeover" here!

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
The Cofran Home

• Shirley Patey

Do planters need any prep to make paint stick to the plastic?

• Joline Cosman

They make spray paint just for plastic now. You should probably wash it well, but shouldn't need anything more.

• Justine

How do you hang a planter? I don't want to have to drill into the ceiling.

• Monica Santos

It depends where you want them I have them in my curtain pole hanging, be careful to use small ones

• NY-Helene

Drainage?