Paving With Broken and Half Bricks

We started playing around with a couple of ideas on paving with half bricks. Firstly, get a piece of black water pipe and make the ring to measure 1 meter in diameter. Start by making a + pattern in the ring and then fill in the other half bricks to complete the circle. Smaller broken pieces then get used to fill the bigger gaps. Once you have completed the area you want to cover with the half and broken bricks, mix up a dry mix of river/building sand with a dry cement mix. When you have filled all the gaps with the dry mix, you can spray water from your hose pipe on to the dry mix and brush with a broom to get rid of the excess cement mix.
.
1 meter irrigation pipe to make circle
Fill in gaps between circles with smaller broken brick to get this effect.
Try and keep your circles lined up, so that you can see squares as well as circles on your paved area.

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas

• Joe

Do you have a photo of the finished job? Looks great so far!

• David

Suggestions on where to find half and broken bricks
  • Ingrid Bippus-Cotey

There will be a lot of leaves, and water drop on it. My question is will the water just run off or sink into the bricks? Also will I be able to rake it easily?

• Jameswallen

WOW!!! I must say your invention is worth for appreciation. A person like me would have thrown these half bricks, and could not have ever thought like reusing it by having such great design idea. I remember when construction of my cousin's house driveway was going, Contractors whom they had hired suggested similar ideas instead of throwing it into waste. They have also uploaded construction images on different paving ideas on their site:- http://capitalpavingconstruction.com/" target="_blank">http://capitalpavingconstruction.com/

• Patricia Herne

Yes I'm certainly inspired and the bricks look very attractive but with the excessive rain here in dehradun and the dust the bricks will become a mass of moss and slippery