Using Vintage Fabric on Chairs for a Period Look

I think using vintage fabric on a vintage chair makeover whenever I can is the way to go. Whenever possible I look for vintage fabrics and if they are in good shape I save them for a project such as this one. This garage sale "score" of brightly colored vintage linen curtains made my day and I had just the project in mind for them - these1940's looking chairs and small table project. I think they look a lot like the table and chairs in the original Walt Disney Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs movie! I especially love the oak motif on this fabric and the colors were perfect for my custom mixed Annie Sloan chalk paint which I had already started painting before I found the fabric.
Two vintage chairs painted and waxed with chalk paint with recovered using vintage linen fabric from vintage curtains.
A close up of the softly painted yellow and green paint lightly distressed chair back.
Oak motif on the vintage linen chair seats came from vintage curtain panels.
A two-toned painted look, lightly distressed.
The completed table and chairs in front of one of my consignment outlets.

To see more: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/vintage-table-…rs-transformed/

• Simple Joys

Small world, I was in this shop @White Oak Studio Designs in Allegan MI with a dear friend. We were on a Thema and Louise type trip thru Michigan. She was entering her final months with Breast Cancer. We had a wonderful time! Beautiful items in the shop..

• Connie Songbird

You can usually find a big piece of fabric on the back of a sofa. Usually sofas wear out on the front or sides leaving the back fabric like new. It would make nice seat covers or pillows. You have to watch for the chance to get them.