Voles and Moles

Between the dogs and the cats, they are catching at least 2-3 a day but may be more because the dogs eat them too. LOL
this is one of our cats~my son's Dora~she catches and brings one up to the door almost every day
she protecting her lunch
she protecting her lunch
Gerdy Mae Jack and Fox mix loves to play with them
Vole. Very similar to a mouse but is brown and short tale.
This is what voles do to hostas. Notice the roots are eaten clean up to the stem
You just put the hosta in water in the shade. Do not let the water go too high. the roots just need to be in the water.
This is in my nursery and I found this a couple weeks ago. You can save hostas if there is a small bit of the root stock or even part of a root left.
this is a hole that a vole comes out  and it belongs to the mole run
this is a hole that a vole comes out and it belongs to the mole run
this perfectly round hole with no disturbed earth is NOT a vole/mole hole but a wasp hole so do not disturb!
This is Sierra our Australian Shepherd hunting~see the dirt on her nose?
this is a mole and he is one of the biggest we had ever seen
the dogs dug him up. and he was relocated to the park.

The Garden Frog with C Renee

• Donna J

@The Garden Frog with C Renee Thank you for bringing this post active again. I would like to know if the castor oil would kill the earth worms?

• @Donna J I pour down a mixture of castor oil and water in my water can find that worms are still in the bed. LOL I have not conquered the moles and voles but I have lessened them. Getting rid of grubs is how you get rid of them but so many things are bad for the environment and with animals that roam my yard I do not use them. There are organic/natural but they are more than I want to spend. So for now I use castor oil and keep them away from my beds and let the dogs and cats dig for them everywhere else. LOL

• Wanda Marie Getz

I have mounds in my yard. Last year it distroyed my yard. I finally got it much and getting there and it's back. My cat does nothing, my dogs don't notice it. I need help.