Homemade Dishwasher Powder Tabs

I am trying out a recipe that I found on the internet. So far it is working fine but we will see what I think of it in the long run. Please join me and let me know how well it works for you in your home. I will be posting shortly as to how it works for me.

**UPDATE: I use these in between using the finish power ball. I don't find that it works well enough to use constantly. But I always keep on hand and find it is the best homemade that I personally have found.

Recipe for a Single Batch 15 cubes

• 1/2 cup each Borax, Washing Soda & Epsom Salts
  • 1 tablespoon each Citric Acid & Baking Soda
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar (I used White 5% Acidity)
  • Add 1 spoon at a time. Use more or less as needed.
  • 2 teaspoons citrus essential oil (I used orange essential oil)

I think this is where I saw this but can't be certain.

I make large batches so I used a large bowl. Put some newspaper down under your mold, ice tray whatever you use. I used these silicon baking pans I've had for awhile. Check your dishwasher dispenser and see if what you are using for mold will be the correct size and fit easily into it.

Do yourself a favor and wear a glove to mix the ingredients. I used a wisk and my fingers to mix and crush large lumps. The salts will burn an open cut if you have one and may be a little rough on your hands.

After I filled and mashed each cube I went over the entire pan with the back of a flat edged knife to clean the sides of the cubes and filled other empty cubes with the leftover product. I tripled the recipe to make these 48 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" by 3/4" deep cubes

Dry them in the molds overnight and remove place on layered paper toweling to dry completely.

Store them in an airtight container. It can be plastic or a beautiful clear glass canister like mine. If you follow me you know I love clean sparkly glass. Things are beautiful when displayed in them. (even something you use everyday.)

Join me over at the website for more information and fun.

Dolly Sarrio

• Gayle Reynolds Sass

I am running it again today, will add the rinse aid and the vinegar along with the dishwasher soap and see what happens.. Always a test..

• Mary Leah Brewer Hodge

We have very hard water and have chosen to not install a water softener. No matter what I tried—rinse aid, vinegar, several brands of soap—my glasses came out cloudy and the silverware spotty.

So...I started tossing in a small handful of ice cream salt with each load. Problem solved! No more spots or cloudy glass ware. 🌻