BrightNest
BrightNest
  • Denver, CO

Four Kitchen Gadgets You Should Never Buy

Top chefs say that all you need to succeed in the kitchen is a good knife and a few pots and pans. Yet, checkout aisles everywhere are filled with gadgets just begging to be bought. They’re not worth it! Think twice before buying any of these items as a last-minute gift for the foodie in your life:
Learn more: http://bit.ly/179f3Jh
Garlic Peeler. A garlic peeler is literally a hollow tube meant to peel the skin off garlic cloves so that you don’t end up with garlic-scented hands. Which we totally get – it’s tough to get rid of that earthy aroma.
Egg Slicer. How often does someone really need uniformly sliced eggs? Unless you work at a restaurant that specializes in Cobb salads, the answer is probably “rarely-to-never.”
Electric Can Opener. What’s the most bacteria-ridden object in your kitchen? Well, it’s probably your sponge, but your electric can opener is a close second.
Pasta Measurer. A pasta measurer is a $12 metal tube that looks like a napkin ring and is supposed to tell you how much to use per serving. We take issue with this.

BrightNest

• Frances

Egg slicers are great. Have to go buy a new one. I think I gave my old one to my daughter.LOL

• Candace P

I do have a manual but I reeeallly like an electric. :) I will look at the PC though, Mine workd kind of funny. It always took me a few minutes to figure it out when I would use it. :)