Succulent Seeds - How to Collect Your Own

I've got lots of hardy succulents, the Sempervivum of course, and Sedum, and some odd and unusual rarer ones.
This year, the Rosularia sempervivoides bloomed, and I was sad because they tend to be biennial, which means they grow for a year, then bloom, which kills them. Out of four that I grew from seed two years ago, only one has stayed vegetative, and the other three had fabulous dark brick red flowers in a huge cluster.
Now, they're starting to ripen, and it's time to cut them and put them in a paper bag to completely finish drying. The paper bag allows air movement, and also catches the tiny dust like seeds as the capsules open and release them.
Other rare hardy succulents that I'll collect the seeds of are Rosularia chrysantha, and Rosularia rechingeri, which to me both look the same, so I'm not sure if the sources got them mixed up.
As usual, I'll also collect the seed heads of Jovibarba heuffelii and other species, and my all time favorites, Sempervivum. Last year was a bumper crop; I saved lots, and they all germinated, and some even had twins. That will teach me to doubt the persistence of Mother Nature...
Rich, brick red flowers of Rosularia sempervivoides...
I had no idea that every single dust like seed would germinate - there are thousands of Sempervivum seedlings to deal with now...
Rosularia serpentinicum is so pretty in bloom and close up.

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Drought Smart Plants

• Kenneth R Mowdy
    Kenneth R Mowdy

Can you put the seeds in the freezer without sowing them. In other words can you put them in freezer when you get them or do you have to sow them first or can you put freezer right before you sow them.

• Kathleen Fitzer Graves
    Kathleen Fitzer Graves

Can you tell me what succulent plant these seeds belong to? suppose to be a mix.

, Can you tell me what succulent these seeds are from Suppose to be a mix but looks the same
  • Kasey
    Kasey

Hi there. I have some very large very large stalks with flowers coming from one of my echeveria. Is it the right time to cut them if they are not dried out yet? Or should I cut them off dry them out and then try to salvage the seeds? I don’t want to lose whatever could possibly be there. And I’ve never done this before

• Mem2097629
    Mem2097629

Any chance you could load a video or grouping of photos on how to collect the seeds? I am not sure what part I should be cutting and saving, and when. I gave a quick try at pollination with a small paint brush, but that too was a total stab in the dark.

• Barbara Shaw
    Barbara Shaw

Can you leave them out side in zone 7 in the winter? I know hens and chickens do better if you do but I am afraid to leave any other kind out side.