Make a Scrapbook Pallet Shelf

$10
1.5 Hours

Scrapbook paper can be used in so many different ways to transform something boring into something extraordinary.
Scrapbook paper is relatively cheap and there are some many different options to choose from. I bought this pack of 24 sheets for under $10. When I bought the paper I had no idea what I wanted to do with it so the paper went into the craft cupboard and over time, kinda got stuck behind all my other crafty bits. Does that happen to you too? Anyways, I’d been meaning to make a small pallet shelf for my daughter’s bedroom, and ended up scrounging around in the craft cupboard for something to add a little pizzaz to the shelf when I rediscovered the scrapbook paper and a frame. Bingo, they were perfect.
We cut five pallets into 29" (74 cm) bits and dry brushed Annie Sloan's Old White chalk paint. Once the paint had dried I Mod Podged the scrapbook paper onto three of the pallets and distressed the edges.
We added the frame and chicken mesh to make a pin board and made two small shelves out of the pallet off cuts.
We dressed up some boring wooden door knobs with serviettes (napkins) to add extra hanging space.
And this is what we ended up with.
I abSoooLutely love the soft neutral colors and beautiful patterns. It just oozes shabby chic. Soft, lady-like with pops of pastel pink and time-worn hints of days gone by.
For the full tutorial come say high on the blog, we'd love to see you there.

Michelle Leslie

• The fly

Is chalk paint where hardware or craft shop

• Michelle Leslie

You should be able to find it at either a craft shop or hardware store. You can also make you own