Jean
Jean
  • Miami, FL
Asked on Aug 8, 2013

What are the amounts of each ingredient for the laundry softener?

Bonnie DJoAnn BeachlerJean
+3

What are the amounts of each ingredient for the laundry softener? You say three items. Conditioer, for hair? Any brand? Please give amounts for each.
  • Sia@South 47th

Hi @Jean Welcome to hometalk! Are you wanting to find out how to DIY laundry softener?

• Lola M. Marsal

My company's product is highly concentrated,so I dilute it to fit my needs.

• Jean

Yes. please!

• JoAnn Beachler

I found this yesterday...6cups of HOT water---2cups white vinegar---1 small bottle hair conditioner. Mix well ( do not shake). Use 6 tablespoons per load. Hope this works well for you.

• Bonnie D

...or you can spray a washrag and toss in dryer if you forget to put it in the washing machine like I do!

• Meem Kaplan

@Bonnie D I used to use an old facial terry cloth and just pour some fabric softener on to it and toss that into the dryer. One app lasted through 5 or 6 dryer loads. With our well water, though, I'm going to try just vinegar in the rinse.... time will tell! (Praying that it keeps the clothes from becoming so dingy from the well water....)