Turn Solar Lights Into an Outdoor Table Centerpiece

I've been trying to figure out how to get better lighting out on my patio. Candles melt...batteries have to be replaced on outdoor candles...so, next on my list were solar lights. Here's what I did to make them pop!
Before: Boring ol' solar lights.
I took these boring solar lights that I found for under $1 and took off the bottom portion of them. I then unscrewed the top black piece from the clear part and spray painted them. I used some painter's tape on the solar part to ensure no paint got onto it.
Placing the lights in a block of wood added the 'pop' I was after...and the much needed light :)
I then found some old wood I had laying around, painted them, and drilled some holes into the top with a drill bit that was the same size as the light stem.
Placed the lights in the wood and voila! A great way to add some light and decor to any porch or patio.

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Thrifty and Chic

• Pat Moran
    Pat Moran

do you ever have any problems with the solar lights not coming on because of street lights? Had a decorative solar porch light that wouldn't come on because the street light was too bright...?

• Velma Lee
      Velma Lee

Yes...same problem. I forgot about my pole lights and placed a couple of solar lights too close. Naturally it was too light for them to come on. Live and learn!!