Decorating With Baskets

Hey Friends!!! I have to share a obsession that I have. Maybe you have it also and never thought of it this way. Baskets… how many do you have in your home? several? a couple? They are in every room in my house!!! If you are looking for a DIY decorating projects ideas, look no further than.. yep you guessed it baskets.
Need to store blankets? Remotes for the TV? Coffee supplies need organized? Pantry? Bathroom tissue? On the wall? yep 🙂 The possibilities are endless and that’s what I say I have a slight obsession with them…
We know I love baskets, but I also love thrift store shopping! Last week, as I was browsing I saw this basket on the top of the shelves and thought… this is what I need!!! It had a slight problem with the one handle … but with a little creativity, some twine and glue. I had a plan.
DIRECTIONS
I made a slight mistake in my attempt; not huge.., but it cause me extra work… I added the twine to the handles first, then spray painted the basket. I should of spray painted it first and then fixed the handle and add twine.
How did I fix the handle? Good question! I glued a piece of scrap wood (you could use a Popsicle stick) to the handle to add some stability. I don’t know how to basket weave (this will be a future class to take) and then wrapped both handles with twine. I love how the different colors and texture end up going so well together.
do you notice the spray painted twine? ugh…
Back to the fun part! I printed the word I wanted to stencil from Microsoft word.. I believe Arial Black and I am not sure the size of the font. Cut the letters out and tape them together to fit inside the basket. Then start brushing in the empty letters.
hint: I have never been good at stenciling.. I brushed from the outside in. Doesn’t look to shabby.. What do you think?
I reapplied the twine to the handles. I decided that since this basket will never been really sturdy, It is going to be hung on the wall,
If you want more DIY decorating projects ideas… Check out the pins I have been saving for inspiration... link is on my blog.

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Lori O'Farrill

• Donna
    Donna

Adorable! I'm going to be on the lookout for one I can repurpose for the kitchen wall! BTW I live in Camillus - guess we are almost neighbors!

• Trish
    Trish

Thumbs Up Lori ..great idea and job :)