Andrea Lincoln
Andrea Lincoln
  • Orlando, FL
Asked on Aug 10, 2013

Weed or Feed?

Sally Roesner FuhrLinda TillDeborah Hall
+6

This one popped up out of nowhere, at first I thought it was a cucumber but now I know it's not, (no tendrils) please do tell what this may be.
weed or feed, gardening
  • Luis

The leaves look like wild grape but I dont know if you have those in Fl

• Andrea Lincoln

Thank you for your answer. Yes, FL is prolific with wild grapes but this plant is not one.

• Nancy Christopher-Morrison

At this point it looks like a hollyhock. The only way to know that is to let it flower.

• Karyn Hughett McNicoll

it also looks like okra?

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim

My husband loves to tell a story about a plant like this that showed up, seemed to be squash so they would harvest the squash for awhile but got tired of it and let it grown...eventually they ended up with WATERMELLON. He said that was the best squash he'd really ever had...

• Mikell Paulson

Looks like holly hocks!

• Deborah Hall

This looks like a weed that has a sticker type thing that we call cuckleburr. If that is what you have pull it up quick! They get caught in animals fur and you have to cut them out; they stick to clothing also! This is what it looks like to me... ??? Also looks a bit like a sycamore tree leaf.

• Linda Till

Wild grapes will vine and hollyhocks grow tall with pretty flowers

• Sally Roesner Fuhr

HOPS VINE.