What I Did With Recycled Puzzle Pieces

Lately, I’ve felt some conflicting feelings from the two separate sides of my personality. You see, I’m an organized-neat freak/ repurposing-hoarder. Say that ten times fast.
The majority of my personality likes simplicity, order, organization, and the “less is more” mentality. But, there is this sneaky dark side that I sometimes hear murmuring…”But what if you need this scrap wood?”…”foam padding is expensive…you should save the scraps”…”these random items could come in really handy for an xyz project…”. The next thing I know, my basement looks like a fire hazard and our guest bedroom is fit for no guest at all.
To this end, I’ve tried to become very mindful of what I save for repurposing projects.
For example, this ABC puzzle set. This little wood puzzle has traveled from one house to another with us, and somewhere along the way a couple of letters were lost. Since we have multiple puzzles and have been trying to clean out our playroom and pass some things on, it was time to let this puzzle go. I knew that it didn’t even have a future as a donation, because who wants half an alphabet puzzle?!
Here’s what I did. I picked out the letters to spell Brady. (He’s lucky because of the single use of each letter, Addison was not so fortunate this time!) I was also able to salvage the pieces for our last name.
I used some Rustoluem spray paint in Flat Antique Nickel I had on hand to give them the metallic-silver look.
I had this little wooden box that needed a little something. I stained it with Minwax stain in Dark Walnut.
Once it was good and dry, I used some industrial strength adhesive to attach the puzzle piece letters to the side of the box. I let the letters dry overnight.
Now, I feel like that little puzzle did not go to waste!

27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Jessica Coplen

• Kim

I love this! It makes me feel better about "saving every single thing because I know it's going to come in handy for something" ! Seriously, this is so cute, I'm going to make some for the grandkids.
  • Anne-Marie Feikema

That's beautiful!