Laura S.
Laura S.
  • Elon, NC
Asked on Aug 11, 2013

I need something to put all my cook books in.

Cynthia EKMS Woodworks

My kitchen is pretty much a walk thru, without alot of counter space. A narrow credenza would be perfect except I'd like it to add to the counter space. Also I love my cook books but I don't want to see them all the time.
  • KMS Woodworks

I picked up a glass door "barrister bookcase" a number of years ago. It sits just around the counter from the kitchen in the dining room area. On top we have the telephone / answering machine etc. The upper 2 shelves hold stemware , and fancy glassware. the bottom shelf has all of our cookbooks. The cool thing about the "barrister case" is the glass doors...it keeps them all free of dust and dirt.

• Cynthia E

You could get a single door pantry , un-finished if you want , paint or stain to match or coordinate in kitchen, upper panel could be cut out for display and have glass, plexiglass or wire inserts put in. Also look on craigslist and resell stores for a piece that might just meet all your needs with little or no work involved.