DIY Tile Grout Cleaner

I thought my house was kept up pretty well until one day my world came crashing down on me. I had house guests coming to stay with us, so I went into the guest bathroom to make sure the bathroom was stocked with all necessary toiletries. I hardly ever go into this bathroom and when I walked in this time, it hit me. I saw how clean the grout in the tiles looked compared to the rest of the house. My entire downstairs floor and the upstairs bathrooms have tiles, but they all looked filthy compared to this barely used bathroom. I needed to do something fast, but I didn’t want to spend too much money to get the job done.

1 Large Spray Bottle 1 Cup Water ½ Cup White Vinegar ¼ Cup Lemon Juice 2 Tbsp. Baking Soda Soft Bristled Scrubbing Brush

Add the water, vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda in the bottle. Shake well. Spray the grout with the mixture. Allow to set for two minutes.

Using the brush, gently scrub the grout. I was shocked at how much dirt and grime came up. I also noticed that some of my tiles need to be re-grouted.

You can see the difference already. When all of the grout is scrubbed, use a mop to get up the remaining liquid.

The Kreative Life

• Bonnie

Spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide and a scrub brush works great leave it on a little longer you won't even need to scrub brush

• Donna Pilant

Have you tried scrubbing bubbles on your grout? I was told to go to dollar tree and use the generic and a broom. Sprey it on let set a little bit then scrub by sweeping with a tight bristle broom. Then just wipe it up.

• Maryann

I have a very large area. Can this be done with a mop.