Art Studios, Workshops, Sheds or Where Do You Do Your Creative Work?

I've always been intrigued with where creative folks do their work. For years I clipped images of art studios and craft rooms waiting for the day my children were grown, educated and I could have my own place to work in. It took more than 45 years, and a second mortgage but finally I was able to make it happen. This is my studio, a 950 sq. ft. stand alone building on our 5-acre property. This space started out as a studio and gallery to make and sell my handmade plant papers and now I paint furniture in it. I'd love to see other HT members share where they make their work and create. Please share! Maybe we will create a new HT category.
A view of my studio's open back porch. This space is decorated with a table and four stool left by the previous owners and roadside rescues.
I took advantage of the sunny, blue sky day to take a quick exterior photographs of my studio. The many majestic White Oak Trees is where to took our business name from; White Oak Studio Designs.
The rear of the studio with its open porch visible) from the gardens.
A close up front view in the spring.
An inside view/teaching a group of ladies who wanted to make handmade paper.

To see more: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

• Billie

Looks like a great place to work/create! I have worked on the driveway, in my kitchen, the garage and the sun porch (when lived in NE), also family room (when lived in CO), and now the shop, covered front porch, living room or any other place that is convenient. My current house has less square footage than your studio, so I just work where the mood strikes me.

• Lla612911

What a great space. I work in the back bedroom, but I don't need a lot of room. I also love seeing where other artists work, particularly painters.