Rose
Rose
  • Belfair, WA
Asked on Aug 11, 2013

DIY bathroom

GladysOhSallyRose
+4

I would like info on changing out the bathroom vanity double sinks and counter top.
  • John

Make sure you change valves and supply lines if not they will leak. Measure your top and have a piece cut Granite or what ever do not use marble unless you are selling.

• Rose, perhaps if you can expand on exactly what it is your trying to do we can assist you with some ideas or suggestions on how to go about this. If you have a camera and can post a few photos of the project itself it will give many of us some better answers to your question.

• KMS Woodworks

I have never really bought into the "dual" sink concept. Why buy two expensive sinks and two faucet sets...then the need to keep two clean? In most cases the bath is only being used by one person at a time...I know my sweetie likes her own "private space" in the morn. So there never is a "need" for two. I used this concept to build a custom 7' vanity when I remodeled our master suite. It is made with Australian Lacewood and has a granite tile top.

q diy bathroom, bathroom ideas, countertops, diy, painted furniture
  • Rose

Thanks for the advice @John/ I like your suggestion about not using marble. Thanks.

• OhSally

I'm kind of tired of everybody using marble. Glad it's losing favor.

• Gladys

I've seen homeowners keep their worn bathroom sinks and countertops using Rustoleum's Specialty Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit. I'm afraid I don't how to do it, but I'm planning to get that for mine.