Libbie B
Libbie B
  • Wyoming, MI

Pallet Wall/Reclaimed Wood

$50.00
1.5 Days

I have wanted to add character to our Kitchen forever! It a basic layout with an abundance of orange oak cabinets. So the first step was to add a pallet wall. I LOVE the way it turned out....now on to those cabinets. )
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor, This is where we started
This is where we started.
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor, We painted the wall brown in case the boards didn t line up and the red would come blaring through We did have a few that were off Not many though I used 4 or 5 different stain colors and untreated pallet wood
We painted the wall brown in case the boards didn't line up and the red would come blaring through. We did have a few that were off.... Not many though. I used 4 or 5 different stain colors and untreated pallet wood.
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor, We laid them out in a random pattern that made sense as I had read on the internet But to be honest that went pretty quickly by the wayside due to room constraints
We laid them out in a random pattern that made sense as I had read on the internet. But to be honest that went pretty quickly by the wayside due to room constraints.
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor, Finished YAY I LOVE it
Finished!!! YAY! I LOVE it.
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor, Close up of texture
Close up of texture
Libbie B

• Lit17033226

Did you have to engage an electrician to adjust any outlets or switches on your wall?

• Libbie B

We didn't need to. We bought a plug that brought the outlet flush and the light switch we left inset.

• Mitsy Chester

What type of stain did you use?

• Libbie B

I used a combo of stains I had left over from other projects. They were all oil based stains by Min Wax. The blues you see are actually grey stains without mixing up the pigment.

• Keeshia Hamby Dresko

Curious on a couple of aspects. You spent $50, what exactly on? Are the planks sanded at all? Are these just plain good old pallets that you can acquire for free? Also, were they nailed or screwed in? We live in an apartment that I am almost at my threshold of living with off white walls! Thank you!

• Libbie B

The money was spent on stain and nails. The pallets were free( unsanded) and we used a pneumatic nailer to attach them to the wall. For an apartment have you thought of removable wallpaper?

• Guido Michael Tabone

Thank You for letting me join the group,I uploaded my latest project that I am very proud of. $35 Aud just for the adhesive. Eazy as buttering hot toast.I also covered a gas pipe and marked it to avoid any future disasters.

• I used soft pallett wood and acrylic paint,and a sanding tool,and a hand planer.the bonding glue was Sika Instant adhesive.

Regards

Guido