Libbie B
Libbie B
  • Wyoming, MI

Pallet Wall/Reclaimed Wood

$50.00
1.5 Days

I have wanted to add character to our Kitchen forever! It a basic layout with an abundance of orange oak cabinets. So the first step was to add a pallet wall. I LOVE the way it turned out....now on to those cabinets. )
pallet wall, diy, home decor, pallet, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor
This is where we started.
This is where we started.
We painted the wall brown in case the boards didn't line up and the red would come blaring through.  We did have a few that were off....  Not many though.  I used 4 or 5 different stain colors and untreated pallet wood.
We painted the wall brown in case the boards didn't line up and the red would come blaring through. We did have a few that were off.... Not many though. I used 4 or 5 different stain colors and untreated pallet wood.
We laid them out in a random pattern that made sense as I had read on the internet.  But to be honest that went pretty quickly by the wayside due to room constraints.
We laid them out in a random pattern that made sense as I had read on the internet. But to be honest that went pretty quickly by the wayside due to room constraints.
Finished!!!  YAY!  I LOVE it.
Finished!!! YAY! I LOVE it.
Close up of texture
Close up of texture
Libbie B

• Mitsy Chester

What type of stain did you use?

• Libbie B

I used a combo of stains I had left over from other projects. They were all oil based stains by Min Wax. The blues you see are actually grey stains without mixing up the pigment.

• Keeshia Hamby Dresko

Curious on a couple of aspects. You spent $50, what exactly on? Are the planks sanded at all? Are these just plain good old pallets that you can acquire for free? Also, were they nailed or screwed in? We live in an apartment that I am almost at my threshold of living with off white walls! Thank you!

• Libbie B

The money was spent on stain and nails. The pallets were free( unsanded) and we used a pneumatic nailer to attach them to the wall. For an apartment have you thought of removable wallpaper?

• Dea34350310

How did you get the red color? Im doing a wood wall in my sons bedroom and im wanting to add a red.....

Thank you so much

• Libbie B

It was a stain we had leftover from another project. It was a cherry stain that I did not stir well giving it a bit more pigment.

• Guido Michael Tabone

Thank You for letting me join the group,I uploaded my latest project that I am very proud of. $35 Aud just for the adhesive. Eazy as buttering hot toast.I also covered a gas pipe and marked it to avoid any future disasters.

• Guido Michael Tabone

I used soft pallett wood and acrylic paint,and a sanding tool,and a hand planer.the bonding glue was Sika Instant adhesive.

Regards

Guido