Libbie B
Libbie B
  • Wyoming, MI

Pallet Wall/Reclaimed Wood

$50.00
1.5 Days

I have wanted to add character to our Kitchen forever! It a basic layout with an abundance of orange oak cabinets. So the first step was to add a pallet wall. I LOVE the way it turned out....now on to those cabinets. )
This is where we started.
We painted the wall brown in case the boards didn't line up and the red would come blaring through. We did have a few that were off.... Not many though. I used 4 or 5 different stain colors and untreated pallet wood.
We laid them out in a random pattern that made sense as I had read on the internet. But to be honest that went pretty quickly by the wayside due to room constraints.
Finished!!! YAY! I LOVE it.
Close up of texture
Libbie B

• Cheryl Farkas Grala

Your wall is gorgeous and thank you so much. I'm getting ready to tackle something similar and i couldn't decide on colors. You made my day! LOVE the colors. I'm doing a wall of shutters.

• Cody

What kind of paint or stain did you use. And the name of the colors

• Libbie B

I used Min Wax stains. The light blue came from Navy stain that I did not stir and the red was leftover from my deck stain and I am not sure what brand it was.

• Marybeth

where do you buy untreated pallets and the pallets at grocery stores or home stores are they treated .

• Libbie B

Check with a local lumber yard. They sell both treated and untreated pallets.