Borei Design
Borei Design
  • Simpsonville, SC

DIY Free Storage Solution for All Those Food Storage Container Lids!

How to finally get all those storage lids under control using an upcycled container.
diy free storage solution for all those food storage container lids , crafts, how to, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
I don't know about you guys but I'm always losing and finding all those storage lids for food containers shoved here there and everywhere.
When I found this box I knew it would be perfect to tame the mess but who wants to keep clean lids in a dusty old box?
(Note: if you are unable to find a box with an opening you like, you can simply cut your own opening on the side of a square box using a box cutter)
I found the solution laying at the bottom of my pantry, a roll of Contact paper (peel and stick shelf liner paper). Contact paper has a plastic coating that can be wiped clean. If you don't have on hand, you can pick it up in many different prints at most dollar stores for a mere dollar or two.
I covered the entire box (inside and out) and sealed each seam and corner with heavy duty box tape.
Now I can keep them all in once place and easily flip through them to find the one I need! Yaaaay! FINALLY!
For more easy, organization solutions be sure to check out the organization section on my blog using the link below and happy crafting! :)

• Cardboard Box  (Recycle Bin)
  • Contact Paper  (Dollar Store)
  • Packing/Box Tape  (Dollar Store)

Borei Design

• Liz

You show the tops but where are the bottoms?
    • Mj

Or in another box just like this one stacked inside each other. For odd shaped use marker on top and bottom with a lettet or number and with a quick look you'll see they go together

• Bonnie

Looks good, but when u r limited on space, where do u put the box to where it looks good? 😏
    • Borei Design

I put mine in the cabinet where I keep the containers so it's not really seen but when someone opens the door it's nice and organized.
  • MYR28643221

OK GREAT THERE IS STORAGE FOR THE LEADS BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER PART WHERE IS THE MAIN PART?
    • Borei Design

I stack my storage containers beside it, one inside the other according to size.

• Gail

A very good idea. You can get all sorts of interesting heavy cardboard empty boxes at Costco. Good for a lot of stuff. Thank you.

• Beverly Burton

You can also get boxes from Gordon Food Service stores.