DIY Free Storage Solution for All Those Food Storage Container Lids!

How to finally get all those storage lids under control using an upcycled container.
I don't know about you guys but I'm always losing and finding all those storage lids for food containers shoved here there and everywhere.
When I found this box I knew it would be perfect to tame the mess but who wants to keep clean lids in a dusty old box?
(Note: if you are unable to find a box with an opening you like, you can simply cut your own opening on the side of a square box using a box cutter)
I found the solution laying at the bottom of my pantry, a roll of Contact paper (peel and stick shelf liner paper). Contact paper has a plastic coating that can be wiped clean. If you don't have on hand, you can pick it up in many different prints at most dollar stores for a mere dollar or two.
I covered the entire box (inside and out) and sealed each seam and corner with heavy duty box tape.
Now I can keep them all in once place and easily flip through them to find the one I need! Yaaaay! FINALLY!
For more easy, organization solutions be sure to check out the organization section on my blog using the link below and happy crafting! :)

• Cardboard Box  (Recycle Bin)
  • Contact Paper  (Dollar Store)
  • Packing/Box Tape  (Dollar Store)

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Borei Design

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

Looks good, but when u r limited on space, where do u put the box to where it looks good? 😏
    • Vikki Decker
      Vikki Decker

I actually store mine in a smaller square plastic container, leaving the lid of that container sitting under it, just incase I may need it one day. Works well for my limited space. But this idea is great cause it doesn't cost a whole lot of money to make

• MYR28643221
    MYR28643221

OK GREAT THERE IS STORAGE FOR THE LEADS BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER PART WHERE IS THE MAIN PART?
    • Borei Design
      Borei Design

I stack my storage containers beside it, one inside the other according to size.
  • Rita
    Rita

Idea...How about perm marker each lid & matching bottom a #

then, it’s easy to find the match?

• Linda
      Linda

Can't believe I never thought of that! Brilliant solution!

• Ohio Sandie
    Ohio Sandie

I just have to chuckle, I’m 60 and we used to do this back in the 1980’s when we didn’t have $$ to spend on storage containers 😀 I still have photos in one

• Pat Satran
    Pat Satran

The boxes are available at big box stores. I use them on my wire shelves in our closet for sweaters, jeans and tee shirts. The items are folded and you can see what you’re looking for at a glance. Gives more space to hang other items and more drawer space.