DIY Address Planter Door Decor

I love the idea of an address planter – but the few I’ve seen have all been mounted on houses. I didn’t want to quite commit to mounting a planter on my house because 1.) We all know I can’t keep plants alive and it will end up looking sad and brown in a few days, and 2.) I am a compulsive decorator – constantly changing the way my house looks. Mounting something is just a tad too permanent for me!
diy address planter door decor, container gardening, crafts, doors, gardening, how to
I came up with the idea to instead make my planter 1.) With fake flowers! and 2.) Removable door decor!
I started with:
- A planter Box
- Faux Flowers and Succulents
- Adhesive House Numbers
- Twine
I picked up all my supplies from Afloral except for the twine and the Adhesive House Numbers (I picked them up at Home Depot - but I also found them on Amazon).
I began by peeling off the backs of the numbers and sticking them onto my planter box.
I knew I wanted it to be door decor, so I drilled a hole on both sides of the planter box (to make a place where I could attach the twine).
I tied the twine through each side of the planter box holes that I just made and knotted them. I also put a dab of hot glue on the knots to make sure it would stay tied.
I added in the faux flowers and succulents and hung it on my door!
All the plants I ordered from Afloral are made to be “outdoor plants”, so they are able to hold up through any weather (although I don’t expect them to get too wet since my door is tucked back under the roof).
This project was really SO simple and a perfect way to add unique decor to my door (does anyone else get bored with wreaths?)
Since I have a glass door, I ordered this hook from Amazon and attached it to the glass so I'm able to hang door decor. I've had the hook on my door for 2 years and so far, I love it!
Click on the link below and "follow" along to be sure to not miss any other fun DIY projects!

The Cofran Home

• Judith McGinley

How does it not damage your glass door when having a bad windy day?

• Sandra Allen

They could also take it down for a bit. Also, some rocks in the bottom would weigh them down.

• Tami Cox Vance

Did you use any extra adhering material to mount the Gecko hook? Thanks!
  • Joanie

I love your box on the door and your porch decor is very pretty!!! Is that a fern hangin'?

• Kandie Mack

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous idea, i was kinda tired of the traditional round wreath.

• PAMELA

LOVE IT! NO DOOR SLAMS! THE ENTIRE AREA IS SO CHARMING! PAM