16 pics here with directions....Teacup Hanging Feeders

Directions for making these listed under each pic of materials....here are more directions...
All of the dishes are glass
I use the diamond drill bit to drill on my husbands drill press
I put a little piece of styrofoam under dish to cushion and for the drill bit to hit when going thru plate
I put dish in shallow baking pan and fill with just enough water to cover dish
To glue cup to plate I use E6000 glue found at Hobby Lobby, it should set for 72 hrs.
The chain goes thru hole in glass...attaches to the hooks i found at Hardware store in the Ball chain section...same hook goes on top of chain...then put the ring through each hook.that is your hanging ring. Usually 3-4 chains for each dish depending on how big the dish is.. There are more directions under each pic..
This is a different chain...I use the ball chain for most of the feeders..
To glue cup to saucer
The hooks that fit the ball chain that I put at the top of chain and bottom of chain..
Bought the rings at Hobby Lobby
Bought chain at Lowes...hooks at hardware store in the Ball chain section..
Sorry for the blur..
Use E6000 to glue the cup to dish...needs to set for 72 hrs..I learned that from experience.......bought at Hobby Lobby...
Put enough water to cover dish...
Diamond drill bit..3/16" diameter...1/8" shank...you could use different size depending on chain size...I use a #3 ball chain..

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space

• Amy Marie Shelton
    Amy Marie Shelton

Hanging teacup bird feeders. I am wanting to do the simple feeders with my daughter and nieces for my mother in laws birthday. I am wondering what kind of embellishments or paints they could use. I know I'll have to use a clear acrylic sealing spray. Any suggestions?

• Lin11893524
    Lin11893524

Wondering what happens when it rains? have you had trouble with mold?

• Mary Louise Smith
    Mary Louise Smith

where can i get the ball chain accessories. No store here has them. i can only find them online by the 100's

• Joan Mchardy
    Joan Mchardy

Love this idea. Now I just need to persuade my man to show me how to use his precious drill

• Linda
    Linda

It would be a good idea to drill extra holes in the tea cup and center of the plate to help with water drain off.