How do I get rid of stinky drains?

+4
Got any ideas how to get rid of smells coming from my drains in the tub and sink in my bathroom?
  • CycoSue CycoSue on Aug 16, 2016
    Start with checking if the drain/trap is clogged with hair and gunk. Clear anything in there. You could also try Drain-O. Lastly, sprinkle baking soda then vinegar; let the concoction bubble, and flush away with warm water. Good luck!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 16, 2016
    Agreed with the above comment.
  • Robyn Robyn on Aug 16, 2016
    well the other 2 beat me to it.Exactly what I do once or twice a month.I must be on the right track.
  • William William on Aug 16, 2016
    I don't like to use harsh chemicals in drains. Once a month I use baking soda and vinegar. Both are cheap. Maintains the drains from clogging and odors.
  • Carol Harrison Carol Harrison on Aug 17, 2016
    you can't go wrong with the baking soda and vinegar. I use this in both kitchen and bath room. It really works.....
  • Judith Watson Judith Watson on Aug 17, 2016
    Agree...baking soda and vinegar. I also put white vinegar in the rinse compartment of my dishwasher. It helps to take that film that you can get on glasses away. I use Vinegar to clean with a lot. I use 1 cup of Vinegar to 1/2 gallon or so of hot water to mop tile and laminate floors. I also use it in my laundry rinse cycle. It is great for removing odors where a puppy might have an accident. I also put a cup of Vinegar into my carpet cleaner with the regular cleaner. It gives it a boost and helps with odors.
  • G G on Sep 12, 2016
    Baking soda