Rachael
Rachael
  • Clayton, IN

Call Me Captain Destructo

Does anyone else feel like this? We recently bought our second fixer-upper and lately, all it seems like I have a talent for is destruction, haha! I guess once all the demo is done, it's only going to get better from there, right?!Read the whole story at The Rehomesteaders' Blog: http://therehomesteaders.blogspot.com/2013/07/call-me-captain-destructo.html
My girls were the first to discover the paint wasn't sticking to our faux wood panels...
Carpet over linoleum next to tile.  Hmm...
Carpet over linoleum next to tile. Hmm...
My curiosity got the best of me...
My curiosity got the best of me...
All the smelly, cigarette smoke and dog urine carpet had to go!
We get started on home improvements shortly after breakfast.  It's getting put back together!
We get started on home improvements shortly after breakfast. It's getting put back together!
Rachael

• Cyndi

You two are awesome...keep up the great job...we just finished 18 months of renovating our home...not finished yet, but close. You last picture looked like me... :)

• Rachael

@Cyndi Aww, thank you. :) I think ours will be an intensive project too but hey, it's what we enjoy doing! It sure is frustrating/satisfying work.

• Veronica Wheeler

Good luck to you! I'm sure it will be awesome but PUT YOUR SHOES ON before you get a splinter!!! Sorry, the old auntie in me pops out every now and then.

• Rachael

@Veronica Wheeler I was spackling drywall in the last picture...not sure where a splinter would even come from...