My Newest Upcycle Garden Project

a couple months ago the neighbor was throwing out their broken and rotting trellis that had been in place for over 10 years. I saw it in the junk pile and asked "what are you going to do with that?" (like I didn't already know). I literally cut off the 'legs' to be even leaving a couple pieces the right size to re-do the design on the top and a wrought iron piece in my garden from a garage sale find last summer ($1). Now my Akeba vine has something to take over and hide one part of my neighbor's yard.
there are many pieces missing and a broken vertical piece. Husband was rolling his eyes when he saw me walking down the street with this.
I used squeezy (cable) ties to hold a broken piece together and the wrought iron piece as well
I literally slapped a coat of paint I had on it. I love a punch of color here and there in my back yard garden. Akeba vine is planted between 2 massive Oak roots. I got lucky because the hole ended up where I needed it to be.
I used the pieces to create a different design because the trellis was missing pieces. I did not cut anything~I just used my brad air gun to assemble the few pieces on top back on.

The Garden Frog with C Renee

• Connie B

Glad I'm not the only one with an "eye-rolling hubby"!

• Susan-Amber Springer

Wow! I'm about to remove a similar trellis that has (possibly) been in place for 50 years. Unlike your neighbor, I'm keeping the trellis which is in pretty good shape considering. Thank you for posting this; I think I'll find a bright color and repaint it rather than stashing it until I can figure out what to do with it!