5 Surprise Uses for WD-40

98K Views
Do you have WD-40 in your home? I'll bet you do. Somewhere I read that 4 out of 5 American homes have WD-40 in it. That's not surprising to me, considering there are so many uses for it, but do you really know how many things you can use WD-40 for? The list goes on and on. Here are some surprising uses I found for this little miracle worker.
Time: 2 MinutesCost: $6Difficulty: Easy
  • 5 surprise uses for wd 40, cleaning tips, how to
Use 1: Get Stuck Rings Off Fingers
In the summer my fingers blow up, and I have such a hard time getting my wedding ring off my finger. Spraying a little bit of this on my finger made the ring slide right off. I washed my hands right away afterward to get rid of the smell and the chemicals. Use 2: Keep Dirt From Sticking to Tools
This is especially great for all my plants. It's annoying to continuously wash the dirt and grime from my tools. But by coating them with WD-40, the dirst and grime slides right off. Use 3: Seal Shoes Against Water
WD-40 is a great water repellent. If you heavily spray your shoes, and then let them dry, they will repel water. How cool is that? Use 4: Remove Sticky Residue
Yoou know when you're trying to upcycle that wine bottle or tomato jar for another project, but the sticky residue won't come off? WD-40 gets it off without a problem! No more sticky residue from stickers, decals, or tape! Use 5: Remove Glue From Surfaces
WD-40 isn't just for sticky residue, it also takes off old and new glue from table and other surfaces. You know that glitter glue that's still on your kitchen table from your kids Sunday project? Use WD-40 and it will come off in a jiffy.

Suggested materials for this project:

• WD-40
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada

Thanks fo sharing! I didn't realize it was clear, and would never have thought to spray it on coloured items for waterproofing because of that.

• Rhonda Mitchell
      Rhonda Mitchell Pikeville, KY

Not recommending this for all material buttttt, I used WD40 on a deputies uniform. (cotton/polyester blend)to remove ink stains, my daughter washed his ink pen in the washer and after trying numerous things, WD40 removed the ink.