Add Storage Drawers Under Your Bed

I’m a big fan of great storage ideas, especially when they look adorable. Most people don't realize it, but you can store things under your bed. I used to store my shoes there, but it got all dusty. It was also difficult to put more than one line of shoes, or else I wouldn't be able to reach them. That's why I love this under-the-bed storage from an old drawer! It's super easy, and it slides out for easy storage. Check out how easy it is to make one.
The messy room
You can see how badly I needed some storage in my room.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
I used an old drawer, 4 caster wheels, 16 wood screws (four for each wheel), and a drill. You can add to this list any decorating materials you might want to use.
Here's the old dresser. It's definitely time for an upcycle.
You can see in the picture how old this dresser was. I'm glad I found something to use it for.
Step 2: Turn the Drawer Over
Turn the drawer over so the bottom is facing upwards. This is where you're going to screw in the wheels.
Step 3: Remove the Tracks
I removed the tracks on my drawer so they wouldn’t get in the way or caught on anything. Depending on the type of drawer you use, there might not be any tracks. But if there are, I would advise taking them off.
The tracks are now gone.
Step 4: Attach the Castors
Using a drill, screw in the wheels at each corner. I used castor wheels so the drawer could roll freely in any direction.
All four wheels are on.
Step 5: Slide it Under the Bed
Your under-the-bed storage is now complete. Simply fill it up with whatever you want under your bed and slide it under.
You also have the option to decorate them. This one actually went in my daughter's room, so I chose a My Little Pony theme, because she is obsessed with that. You can also decorate them in any way you want. Wasn't that simple?

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items

• 62q10370829

how did you keep the screws from going threw thin bottom? if using more then 1 drawer put on pc.of plywood with wheels on bottom of it.

• Fiona

how do you keep the drawers free from dust that just generally accumulates under ones bed?

• Marcia Strode

Old fashioned shade rollers that attach at one end and close with a magnet or button catch closet to the point of ingress. (That is unless you have a monster cat, who will make it his or her life's work to destroy said shade & drive you crazy by it's sudden rolling up in the middle of the night!)

• Sue Ogden

Did you find a use, or a way to recycle, the rest of the cabinet you used the drawers out of? Just wondereding.

• Shawna Bailey

I turned the outside of the cabinet into a paint box. To paint small items.

• Vimarhonor

I was in the same situation ( lack of storage-bed elevated too high needed a stool to climb up) until I purchased a steel bed frame that had 14 inches of under bed storage. Omitted the box spring. It was also able to accommodate my cherry headboard.

Someting to think about - Im ecstatic with the upgrade.

• Carolyn from NH

If you need this storage, because your short on space put everything in plastic zip storage bags. I did this years ago to store things I did not use everyday.

Now I find other storage and have nothing under our beds. Nice and easy to clean.