Mary
Mary
  • Columbus, OH

Easy Ornament Wreath for Christmas

$15

A wreath is classic Christmas decor. Make this easy DIY wreath using inexpensive ornaments. And the best part- no hot glue gun required!
easy ornament wreath for christmas, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
You’ve likely sent these ornament wreaths in the home decor store or on Pinterest. When I have seen the “how to” on these, they often include a hot glue gun. I have a love hate relationship with my hot glue gun. So I wanted to see if I could make one of these festive wreaths- without it!
I started with a package of inexpensive plastic ornaments that I had actually gotten on clearance the year before. Need ornaments? You can find a wide selection of shatterproof ornaments here. You will also need a wire hanger, with the top opened up. Use pliers to “unwrap” the wire at the hook, but leave hook bent.
Then it’s as simple as threading the ornaments onto the hanger wire. You can choose a pattern, but I actually think the “random” look is better for this project. When you have filled the hangar, re-wrap the end at the base of the hook. Then you can use the hook to hang the wreath. I covered my hook end with a pre-made gift bow (also on clearance). But you could use scrap ribbon as well.
Voila! It’s that easy! And even better, it always gets compliments too! See more tips on how to make a DIY Ornament wreath on Mission to Save and more of my Christmas ideas too!

• Hanger  (repurposed)
  • Plastic ornaments  (Big Lots)
  • Gift Bow  (Big Lots)
Mary

• Becky Hunt

How many Christmas balls did you use.

• Mary

I'd say around 40 ornaments (give or take). And no need to make "holes", I used the top of the ornament where an ornament hanger would go.

• Dorothy Patone

I have made these but they Keep popping off. To place on outside door the moisture effects glue if you use it to secure the

• Dorothy Patone

Thank you for your reply Shawna I did use a glue gun I guess I will have to use a stronger glue.

• Gayle

Love it that there is no glue. Beautiful wreath. We have just installed a new front door and I don't want the wreath to scratch it. And with the winds and storms we have, the wreath will move around. Any ideas how I resolve this problem?

• Mary

You might try those felt stickers (like to put on the bottom of furniture so as not to scuff floors). Put a couple on the back side of the wreath on a couple of the ornaments.