DIY Concrete Garden Spheres

$10

Knock off of Restoration Hardware's Spheres - using concrete and lighting globes from the thrift store, a bargain at $10 for five of them! See the simple how-to over at my blog:
http://simpledetailsblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/diy-restoration-hardware-garden-spheres.html
Supplies: Lighting Globes purchased from the thrift store $2 ea, and Quikrete concrete mix, $4.
Mix concrete and fill lighting globes, let stand 24 hours.
Using safety glasses and gloves, enclose the lighting globes in a heavy duty trash bag and lightly tap with a hammer loosening the glass from the concrete. Carefully dispose of the garbage bag and broken glass.

Simple Details

• Linda Elliott

How about heavy duty ballons something like the bouncy ones?

• Ann Eichenberger

I purchased a couple cement rabbits at a craft show. But they broke apart when I left them in the garage over the winter. Will the product you used make it through a winter with temps below freezing? Great results!!

• Elizabeth Pullan

Your bunnies absorbed water in your garden, once frozen the water expanded and broke your bunnies. seal your concrete, sealer is sold at any hardware store, or take your projects out of the garden into the sun and left them dry well before storing in the winter, I have an indoor porch where I put some of my summer treasures for the for the winter, or tuck the the smaller items into corners of the house where I can enjoy them all year round. My turtles look great in the bathroom.

• Sandy Munno

There is no link to this project. I cannot click link and get to project. Would like to know how to make the large concrete balls.