Rose S
Rose S
  • Marietta, GA
Asked on Aug 16, 2013

Glass marbles

Rose SColleenKat Davis-Moran
+9

i have only about a bazillion of them in various colors. What am I going to do with them??? So I am calling on all of you creative folks out there - HELP!!!!!
  • KMS Woodworks

The most common use I have seen is to put them in glass vases...and use them as filler for other decor projects.

• Rose S

They are in a large glass vase now, and I feel that there has to be another use for them. Anyone?????????

• Kimberly Barney

I have seen a post where they are placed into wooden privacy fence/gates to allow the sun to shine through.

• Colleen

If you can, place some between two pieces of glass and frame. Then hang in front of a window with sunlight shinning through.

• Sheila

Many years ago I placed marbles in a hot skillet , left them for a few minutes, then put them in ice water to shatter the insides. I had a small table and glued them onto the top. Made a pretty little plant table. Good luck!

• Linda

I've seen cement stepping stones made where the marbles are imbedded in the cement.

• Printice

fill a glass lamp base with them. ive found clear glass lamps at goodwill and taken apart and filled with marbles or other sundry items... just be carefull rewiring the lamp

• Rose S

thanks for all the answers thus far. They are all great, but none of them yet float my boat, so please keep it up. Thanks. :-)

• Shirley C

grout flower pots and make flowers or just stick them in the grout all over the pots. I have one that my daughter made and it is beautiful

• Kat Davis-Moran

bowling balls then use them for gazing balls for your garden or line an area in the yard as art

• Colleen

If you have a stairway, you could place them in a long clear plastic tube and use that as a handrail along the stairway. Or like a rope light, line the back of an open shelf with light and marbles.

• Rose S

Ghana for all you great suggestions, but nothing as "clicked" yet. Am I impossible to please and don't know what I want? That might be part of the problem, but can you humor me a bit more please. Thanks. :-)