Deborah T
Deborah T
  • Fort Myers, FL
Asked on Aug 16, 2013

I would like to put mosaic (glass) in the kitchen.

AnnDeborah TBrenda Zanga
+5

I would like mosaic glass on countertops and backsplash. Any ideas or where i can purchase discount mosaic glass?
  • Adrienne W

I am wanting to do the same thing and use colored glass from old broken plates that can be found at thrift shops and antique stores or flea markets. Kaffe Fassett (sp) did his London flat in mosaics like this and it was gorgeous. You can probably google it :)

• Deborah T

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Kim Hall

Hi Deborah! I live in Pensacola and a store just opened up here with all kinds of different colored glass tiles. Don't know if they would ship or not but it is called Dirt Chesp Building Materials.

• Deborah T

Thank you Kim, but they don't have a website to order online. Darn it!

• Libby Blackman

Michaels or Hobby Lobby (craft stores)

• Brenda Zanga

You might google a glass recycler in your area. I live in NE and that's what I did. Found a place to supply the glass & fabricate it - however the price was out of this world! I wanted a 33" vanity for my bathroom and they wanted $800+. Maybe your area would be cheaper.

• Deborah T

good idea! Thank you Brenda

• Ann

I would suggest you think about how you use your counters before putting mosaic tile on them. Backsplash, yes. Counters, not so much. I had little two inch tile in my kitchen and it's so hard to keep the grout clean, and forget rolling out cookie dough or pie crusts.