Nita D
Nita D
  • Rowlett, TX
Asked on Aug 16, 2013

What is best product to clean copper clad pots and pans?

Lagree WyndhamShariOrganizeTips.com
+4

I have my mothers Revere Ware and some of the pieces were well used. The bottoms of them, the copper coating, has cooked on grease and or other residue on them I would like to clean off. I am 72 and she had these as far back as I can remember.
  • Julia

try Bar keepers friend. everything I've tried it on comes out looking brand new. use on the outside of the pan only. good luck!

• I googled it & most say a lemon cut in 1/2 w/ salt, some say vinegar & others say ketchup. Bar keepers was there too. Here's the link...good luck http://www.ask.com/web?am=broad&q=how+to+clean+copper+pots&an=google_s&askid=6799a9e5-75fd-41d6-a8a2-0f8771c75636-0-us_gsb&kv=sdb&gc=0&dqi=cleaning%2520copper&qsrc=999&ad=semD&o=2730&l=dir

• Jill Belcher

I've also had Revere Ware for many many years. There was (may still be) a product called Twinkle that was a paste and cleaned the copper well. I have since retired the copper bottoms and now use the Revere stainless with flat bottoms. Bar Keepers Friend keeps them all shiny.

• Lori Bryant

I have used a product call Barkeepers Friend I found at walmart that works very well. although there are some that I have had to use oven spray cleaner on. I keep the barkeepers friend on hand to brighten sheet pans and corning ware.

• OrganizeTips.com

A paste of lemon & salt works wonders.

• Shari

My mom was a huge fan of RevereWare and I swear, she must have had every single style and size pot and pan they ever made. When I was a teenager, it was my job to wash dishes after dinner, which included cleaning the copper bottoms of the RevereWare. We used "Copper Glo" (which is a Barkeeper's Friend product). It worked well, with minimal scrubbing. I assume Copper Glo is still available in stores but since I had my fill of cleaning the copper bottoms of her pots and pans years ago, I definitely have no desire to own anything copper now...thus no need for Copper Glo. ;)

• Lagree Wyndham

Finish Powerball dishwasher tablets, my Revere ware is over 20 years old, and very tarnished. Got a new dishwasher and the Finish powerball sample pack. They came out looking like new pennies. Thats all i use now, works great.