What can i do, with wine corks?

+17
I have a lot of wine bottle corks. I would like to make something creative. Any idea? Shelly
  • Trudy Trudy on Aug 20, 2016
    floor​ mat
  • Ranger Ranger on Aug 20, 2016
    Cork curtain (as a bead curtain) for any suitably sized window.
  • There are lots of ideas. Here's one I shared on my blog: https://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/20...
  • Jacquelinecrawford Jacquelinecrawford on Aug 20, 2016
    Make a cork vase with square or rectangular glass vase' as base.
  • Denyse Walter Denyse Walter on Aug 20, 2016
    Pinterest.com has the answer. Thousands of ideas and great decorations.
  • G G on Aug 20, 2016
    I was in a restaurant and they had a chair railing top molding border made with wine corks. They sandwiched the corks between a top and bottom piece of molding with outer lips that held them in place.
  • Dal9057179 Dal9057179 on Aug 20, 2016
    I have a large light green wine bottle that we have been filling with corks. We wash the cork set it on top of the bottle for a week or so to be completely dry. The colors work in my kitchen and we like the look.
  • Margaret Lane Margaret Lane on Aug 20, 2016
    make knots for yr cabinets handled sense it on some bob - she painted them and put flowers not the end wed them in her cabints cute idear and scre
  • Pam Walker Pam Walker on Aug 20, 2016
    GET a mirror of any size. Cut a piece of cardboard 2ce it's size. Place the mirror into the center of the cardboard piece & trace around it. Remove the mirror. Cut each cork in half & start hot gluing them starting from the traced line to the outside edge of the cardboard. Spray paint them your favorite color. Let dry overnight. Glue the mirror in. You can accent the outer edge of the mirror with pearls, beads, gems, etc. Turn over & hot glue a hanger on the back. FOR BIGGER MIRRORS, use plywood & a nailed in hanger. You will also need E6000 glue for the mirror to support it's weight.
  • Margaret Margaret on Aug 20, 2016
    Make a trivet on an old one or from a small picture frame
  • Marsha Marsha on Aug 20, 2016
    There are a lot of wine cork ideas on Pinterest!
  • V Valencia V Valencia on Aug 20, 2016
    Make a wreath
  • Mark Winslow Mark Winslow on Aug 20, 2016
    My Brother followed Margaret's comment above. He glued a bunch of them together (laying down so you could see the brand name) and then put them into a wooden frame and made a very unique trivet/hot mat.
  • Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on Aug 20, 2016
    Here is a ton of ideas. https://www.google.com/search?q=crafts+made+w...
  • Jules Jules on Aug 20, 2016
    Take the glass out of a picture frame and glue on corks. Hang like a picture except you can pin things on it with push pins.
  • Iam2681193 Iam2681193 on Aug 20, 2016
    This is on Pinterest. Make Miniature bird houses. Cut out roof from heavy paper/cereal box type. Can be painted any color. Cork: 1/2 down, use a knife to make circle. Below it, put a small stick like a big birdhouse. Stick a skewer in the bottom of cork. Can be used in anything, plants;etc.
  • Col8925535 Col8925535 on Aug 21, 2016
    Take several pieces of narrow copper pipe & join at one end to make a sunburst/firecracker shape. Now paint corks with various coloured metallic paint (or just one colour, if you prefer) &glue to the ends of the pipes. Spectacular.
  • Jennifer Winters Jennifer Winters on Aug 21, 2016
    hot mat by glueing them together.