Jill Klein
Jill Klein
  • Palmdale, CA
Asked on Aug 17, 2013

Chipped tile on kitchen floor

K&M EnterpriseKMS Woodworks

Hello, It seems that this 15-year-old tile (which is not flat and has a rough surface) is not only tough to clean in the little areas, but the tile is also chipping so that it looks like there is something black on the floor. The tile is a myriad of light tans. Does anyone know where I can pick up something that I can either spray or paint on the black areas? Thanks in advance!
  • KMS Woodworks

There are a number of "grout paints" out there. perhaps you can find one that is a good match for the tile color. If you search on "polyblend grout renew" you should get some examples

• Jill Klein

@KMS Woodworks Thank you for the tip! I'll take an extra tile down and check out the colors. :)

• K&M Enterprise

Call a tile reglazer and for a couple hundred he can reglaze the tiles. Or put some money into your home; which is the biggest investment you can make and put in a new floor.

• Jill Klein

@K&M Enterprise There are only a few areas where it needs to be reglazed, but I like your idea if the whole floor becomes a problem. Thank you!