Simple Coastal Illumination!

This is a very simple to do, and makes a beautiful coastal statement in your home!
You could also fill it with sand and shells, but this was heavy to begin with, so I left mine empty.
I found this vintage 5 gallon glass water jug at a thrift store, and knew right away what it's new purpose in life would be! :) I was given the lamp shade by my friends at An Owl's Bazaar!
First I washed the jug and gathered a few items I had on hand. Glue gun, Pro strength glue sticks and a wine bottle light kit.
I used this clip on bulb adapter with the lamp shade, and used a finial I had from other projects. You can find these at Lowes or most any hardware store. I simply put the lamp kit into the neck of the jug and hot glued it to stay put. attached the bulb adapter to the shade and it was done! I made a necklace from a piece of rope and natural white starfish.
That's really all there is to it. As a side note: If you use Pro Strength glue sticks, you have to work fast as it cools off quick, but has a great bond.

• Vintage 5 gallon glass water jug  (Thrift store)
  • Natural rush lamp shade  (from a friend)
  • Wine bottle light kit  (Lakeside collections)

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/Junkdrunkrepurposedstuff

• Edwin oliver

How did you installed the electric cord. The instructions are missing parts. Very superficial and incomplete instructions.

• Suzette

Thank you Sue, very nice explanation!! And good idea about wrapping the cord! :)

• Den27990921

I'm curious: I didn't read all the way to the end, but did the additional of the hot bulb create any jug shattering thoughts or realities?
    • Suzette

Hi Denver, No, this jug is vintage and very thick. It would take quite a bit of pressure or extreme heat to damage it.

Thanks for your question, and thanks for lookin' :)