Renee
Renee
  • Lufkin, TX

More Birdfeeders..directions here and more pics under my other post.

Directions for making these listed under each pic of materials....here are more directions...
All of the dishes are glass
I use the diamond drill bit to drill on my husbands drill press
I put a little piece of styrofoam under dish to cushion and for the drill bit to hit when going thru plate
I put dish in shallow baking pan and fill with just enough water to cover dish
To glue cup to plate I use E6000 glue found at Hobby Lobby, it should set for 72 hrs.
The chain goes thru hole in glass...attaches to the hooks i found at Hardware store in the Ball chain section...same hook goes on top of chain...then put the ring through each hook.that is your hanging ring. Usually 3-4 chains for each dish depending on how big the dish is..There are more instructions and pics under my other birdfeeder post...Directions are under pics also..
more birdfeeders, crafts, repurposing upcycling

• Rose Elley

Hi - What size hole did you drill? Also, were did you get your drill bit ? I am assuming you are using a diamond head drill bit. I checked at Lowe's tonight and they do not have anything smaller than a 1/4".

• Rose Black

why did you put dish in water?

• Cherie

I'm guessing the water was used when drilling the holes. Tools can get hot (i.e. the drill bit), when being used & the heat could cut/crack the cup. When cutting floor tiles, if water isn't used while cutting the tile, it will break.

• Dawn Imbriale

I see the crystal has a hoop in the top of crystal which is attached to the chain below the saucer. How did u attach the hoop to the chain? Also, how did u attach the 3 chains at the top to "S" hook? Thank you!
    • Judith Schiano Jevnik

It looks like she put the hoop thru the bottom of the chain where the other end of the chain should lock into it. Look at the photo at the top with the teacup, if you zoom in the pic, you can see where the hoop goes thru the chain's end link.