Asked on Aug 21, 2016

How can I get rid of spiders?

Linda HJudi Officer GrimsleyCarrie Turtle
+6

What kind of essentials can I use to deter spiders? I want to get rid of them without the use of harsh chemicals.
  • Cyn7200058
    Cyn7200058

put them in a jam jar then put them outside

• Leslie
    Leslie

If you google how to get rid of spiders without chemicals you will get links to information.

• Debbie Kelly Young
    Debbie Kelly Young

Peppermint oil or peppermint plant. It worked wonders. 👍🏼

• Dorothy
    Dorothy

Some one told me putting whole walnuts around those areas where spiders congregate will drive them out. As far as collecting them I haven't a clue.

• Gina Valdez
    Gina Valdez

I use lemon furniture polish. Spiders don't like the taste of lemon and the wax prevents them from building webs.

• Dee Beers
    Dee Beers

peppermint essential oil

• Carrie Turtle
    Carrie Turtle

Horse chestnuts. Poke holes in them to release harmless chemical. Place them in corners of room. Peppermint helps too!!

• Judi Officer Grimsley
    Judi Officer Grimsley

Peppermint Oil on cottonballs

• Linda H
    Linda H

I live in a basement suite and my daughter is terrified of spiders. I was having major open-heart surgery and she came to help me out while I recovered. I made homemade spider repellent and it works great! I sprayed it around the outside door and window frames and I haven't seen any spiders. I made it in May 2016 and it is now March 2017 and still no spiders. The recipe is: 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 1/2 cups water, 1 tbsp peppermint extract, 20 drops peppermint essential oil. Put in spray bottle, shake well and use.