Jill
Jill
  • Carrollton, GA
Asked on Aug 18, 2013

Granite composite kitchen sinks

PizzchzzEllen KnoxKMS Woodworks
+2

I am about to have granite countertops installed. I am considering a granite composite under-mount sink. However, some friends have expressed strong reservations. I would like to get feedback - pros & cons
  • Sue

I have had my granite composite under-mount sink for 2 years. Love it. It looks so well with the granite and is very durable and easy to clean.

• KMS Woodworks

I've installed a few granite composites as "drop ins". I second them as far as good looks and durability. When I get to that part of my kitchen remodel I will install one as well. I am however still seeing many folks stay with stainless. If you get a good quality thick unit they have a great "feel" to them. I just don't care for the Wimpy thinner versions.

• Ellen Knox

I have had my black Blanco granite composite undermount sink for about 2 years. I love it. The only issue I have is that we have hard water and I have to clean off the water deposits once a week. I have dropped things in the sink and put hot pans in it and have had no problem. I do try to keep from going from one temperature extreme to another for fear of cracking. It looks great. Several other people have installed granite composite after seeing mine.

• Pizzchzz

It will be good to understand that there are many granite composite under-mount sinks in the market today. They come in different models and each has its pros and cons. Personally, I will advise you to read this post which gives pros and cons of each granite composite under-mount sink. Here is the resource https://pizzchzz.com/granite-composite-sinks/