Debi Sayer
Debi Sayer
  • Orlando, FL
Asked on Aug 18, 2013

Cleaning mold spots off outdoor cushions

CaperniusWanda ArganbrightBeatrice Tangeman
+3

HELP!!! How in the world do I clean black mold spots off outdoor cushions? I have tried a number of things and nothing works.
  • Lois Walls

Alittle bit of bleach & some warm water should do the trick

• Debi Sayer

But won't bleach damage the colors on the cushions? The cushions are striped.

• Judith Demaestri

Hydrogen peroxide kills mold,just spray it on,but color test in a safe spot first.

• Beatrice Tangeman

Dish soap and a soft brush then hangover fence spray rinse with garden hose and let the sun brighten them.

• Wanda Arganbright

Mix 1 part Dawn dish soap, 1 part peroxide and 2 parts water. Pour in spray bottle and spray cushions. Let set about 5 min. the use sprayer on hose and spray until any sign of suds are gone. Clean cushions at least once a month with this solution.

• Capernius

Vinegar. It cleans, sanitizes, & eats mold for breakfast. I have never known vinegar to mess with the colors of fabrics and/or outdoor cushions. spray it on, leave it sit for about 10 minutes, then hose it off to rinse. sometimes you may have to scrub a wee bit, but in my experience, that is rare.