Linda Dann
Linda Dann
  • Glassboro, NJ
Asked on Aug 18, 2013

Storing comforters

Kim CampbellGrandmaquiltsMary
+9

Doing animal rescue I find I must change comforters often- and I end up either pushing them into my small linen closet- or keeping on my dresser- I'm trying to figure out a way to store them- with easy access- that would be neater and not so messy- any ideas?
  • R.V.R. Farris

Ziploc makes really large storage bags, and they work similar to those space bags advertised on TV. You could fold them to fit and squeeze the air out.

• Tadpoles Momma

I use the extra large storage zip bags from Dollar Tree to store all mine in. I also place a dryer sheet in with them and store in my basement. Keeps them handy and smelling fresh.

• Nancy G

I have 9 rescues (cats) so I just put a spare sheet over the top of my bed. do you any storage area that you could use such as a basement or attic? If you do just make sure that you add cedar balls to a large plastic bin or something else equally nice smelling. If you have room in you bedroom you could add a cedar chest at the bottom of your bed like I do. Good luck Linda & let us know how you make out!

• Linda Dann

only issue with that is still- where would I put them? Indeed, I have to change them about 2 times per week- 'shamed to say!

• Linda Dann

Unfortunately- I have a senior spayed female hound who sneaks up on beds and pees right thru to the mattress in deep sleep- I've got the mattresses covered but have to keep changing the darn sheets and comforters- she doesn't do it always- but she gets into periods where she does it- and inevitably I'll forget to close a door! Get into bed- ah yes - then OH NO!!!

• Peg191253

put an old shower curtain under a old blanket or go to medical supply store and buy disposable chucks that they use in hospitals and the urine won't leak all the way down to. The mattress.

• Linda Dann

Hey thanks! Gonna do that- in the meantime I think I'm going to buy an old dresser and paint it and hopefully I won't have to change them so much- but if I do----- Linda

• Mary

Store them under your bed...

• Grandmaquilts

Space bags- uses a vaccum/shop vac to pull the air out-reducing space required. then under the bed works fine

• Kim Campbell

@Linda Dann you might also want to consider putting the old girl in dog diapers at night, it will really cut down your laundry, and make life easier.