Jill B
Jill B
  • Bismarck, ND

Eiffel Tower Dresser

I have loved the Eiffel tower dressers I have seen on Pinterest, but I always saw them using a poster or sticker. I decided to transfer the image using a projector.
The final result after I lightly sanded the tower to soften the look with a fine sanding block...I forgot to show when I had the Paris up on the projector, but you get the gist. I am very pleased how it turned out. :)
This dresser was in great condition, but needed a new coat of paint due to many scratches....I just decided to stay with the same color.
I used an overhead projector to transfer the image.
I used a permanent marker. It took awhile, but wasn't too time-consuming.

• Dee

Hi Jill I seen this dresser and said very nice. Clicked on it and it was you!!! Again nice work you do. FAB. So I go to get a cup of coffee and im thinking wonder if you could use a perm marker and if it would run when you put a finish on it. Only to come back and read you used a marker. To funny.Did you use the wax as a finish?

• Jill B

@Dee Thanks Dee! I did use wax as a finish. I didn't have a problem with the finish running. I believe I used a zig brand marker. (Same one I used for scrapbooking.) I had the dresser completely smooth...like butter smooth, so I think that played a big part in not having it run when I distressed and waxed it. I usually use paint when I do my pallet signs. And have great luck, but the Eifel tower was just too detailed to use a paint brush. :)

• Dee

Yes it is That is why i thought marker. I paint on cans so i know it can be hard.