Backpack Storage Ideas

School's about to start. For some of you it may have started already. For me part of the success of the school year is being able to contain all of the clutter. Backpacks are no exception. With four kids in school this year I need all of the inspiration I can get! No space is too small to have a designated spot for the packs and it only takes a little bit of mom or dad's effort to get the kids in the habit of putting them away. {At our house its no after school snack until its put away~powerful motivation! ;)}
Create a spot in the hallway or inside a closet or hutch to store away backpacks.
Because our house is so small having them in closed storage is a great way to minimize visual clutter.
Here's another closed storage option. Large baskets. {They also work great for the kids shoes!}
This is another great idea. Put 3M hooks inside a closet door. At our house I use these hooks inside the door for younger kids coats.

Homey Home Design

• Doug

Where did you purchase those wooden baskets from? We're in the process of remodeling our patio and adding a whole entertainment area with an outdoor TV, etc. Those baskets would fit perfectly with the decor.

• EricColbert

Wow! Your storage ideas are simply amazing. They look so simple yet they can be so practical at the very same time. It is so true that with the help of parents, children can make the place clutter-free as well. All they need is a little motivation (or threats) and they are always good to go. I like the idea of storing the backpacks behind the closet door vertically. They look so organized and easy to be retrieved later on. Good job!

• Pauline

So useful! Thank you for sharing! We have so many backpacks and purses and and and just lying around, I really struggle keeping them organised neatly! I also just bought everyone a sling backpack for our upcoming Europe Trip (found some great bags at https://www.bestbackpack.com/best-sling-backpacks/ if you're interested). Anyways, I found the sling bags are great options because you can pack them inside your large luggage for when you need it, or just hook them up for quick access.